Monday, April 5, 2010

NaPoWriMo#5

I wake in the dark
contained on all sides.
I feel the dampness
and the cold as it surrounds me.
I draw in these sensations
and feel that I have grown
just a little.
As I lay here
I begin to feel warmth.
I crack though my covers
and extend myself
towards the heat
uncurling myself
and always looking for more.
As I lengthen
I weave through the maze
to find light
and my world awakens
only to be rudely
plunged
back to dim grayness
as I am sprayed, soaked.
I am not perturbed
as destiny fills
my being and
I continue to reach out.
I swell from within
seeming to grow taller
as I reach for the brightness
that has returned.
I break from my pod
leaving its skin behind
as I grasp for the sun and the sky.
I don't even notice
the roots forming below
tying me down but
ensuring my chance
at survival.
I blast outwards
with the energy stored
and display
my first set of leaves.
I announce myself
to the world
with all that I know.
I am
dicotyledon.

1 comment: